Thursday November 8th, 2018


[ Original IG image ]

Exceedingly satisfying late-Thursday-lunch with leftover fried rice (Mum bought bismati rice and fried Chinese style - omg if she added salted fish I will faint from taste-excitement), and I had to fry and egg to go with it! Felt kinda wasted I misjudged the timing while making it (fried it in a pot-pan, no less), and did not get the runny yolk I had hoped for ... next time bah!

For eight freaking years (post-Stroke) I had struggled with portion control, and today's felt kinda right, actually LOL


[ Original IG image ]

4pm to the minute, as I'd washed the luncheon plates and utensils, and sat down to take a break before heading back to bloggery, when a thunderous afternoon rain started. As I brace myself to taste the coffee+ovaltine beverage (my constitution is not as robust as it had been in my youth lah), with the highly sweetened biscuit drops lying there peering back teasingly at me somemore...! And just then, the sun came thru the clouds and yes, it is now a sunny rainy day out, as only the #singaporelife has to offer!

And I end my momentary break with this caption in my IG-feed: "Stay dry and fed, wherever you may be in the wwworld, folks! #henglifesg"


Listening to above as I venture into late afternoon bloggery, as I type the above-entry, into this personal blog I had abandoned for quite some time now ... and I give myself a "pass" to not feel guilty for forsaking blogging-to-myself (heh). This is not meant to be a "job", this is my life, #asliceofheng.

Comments