9 Years On Facebook


I admit, I have become so comfortable with "being told" about my online exploits, I totally forgo the fact that details of my life has since become part of the database of social platforms - and in this particular instance; "Facebook"!

A simple grid of 5 x pictures represented my nine years on FB - essentially based on pictures from both myself and tagged by friends, of which I reproduce below (along with the text accompanying the images / no permission asked of the originators tho…), with pictures from within only the last 3 years featured?

The faces of other folks, and even of myself, the places where the images were photographed, all leads to memories, both good and not so good, but nevertheless treasured, as they were a part of my life, even though they might live o as "data" for others.

"Mum and me = my fav photo yet! Thanks auntie Ya Mei! smile emoticon #henglife" (Me / dated July 24, 2015)
"I'm thankful to have 2 awesome teachers to guide me in my ITE journey. With their knowledge, we're able to grow strong and ready for the industry. They're also the director and art director of "The Days" and "Forever Fever" movie's. Sadly today is their last day teaching in ITE FLM. Hope to work with you guys in the future and see you guys real soon! Cheers!" (Pic + Words by Hua Jie BrotherBear Soh / Dated September 9, 2015)
"Blurry but memorable picture. Rest In Peace Uncle♥ Toys Revil Andy your pops is looking down smiling at you homie. I am truely happy I got to meet him on our first experience in Singapore, a talented and genuine person. No more pain and suffering. Much blessings and prayers. Jryu Jess Daniel Zana Ritzy Periwinkle I was trying to find our group pic. If you have one would be stoked if any of y'all can post it." (Pic + Words by Aaron Martin / Dated October 24, 2013)
(No text, but photo taken by Yeo Hon Beng / Dated March 30, 2015)
"the beard is growing wild, the eye-patch suddenly looks like it grew bigger, the curly hair has always been natural but heightened by hair gel here ... eyes have always been small, so there ~ *smile* " (Me circa June 26, 2015)

Comments