#animelife


(One of my fav anime-songs: “The Girl in Byakkoya” by Susumu Hirasawa FTW)

What started out as digging up my DVDs for a weekly Friday Night Movie (at home with my trusty $10 earphones) - specifically looking for Satoshi Kon’s PAPRIKA - ended up dredging up an entire collection (that were NOT in boxes), and subsequent devoured with great delight (ending at 2AM did not leave me much time to savour it before I collapsed in bed :p).

Having been started on the anime-film-groove from the previous week’s delicious viewing of Mamoru Hosoda’s SUMMER WARS … and looking thru my humble Japanese-anime films and projects, wishing I had more of what I desired - like REDLINE, More Studio Ghibli, all Mamoru Hosoda’s films … actually the “older” films - and hoping one day I could physically descend unto a actual brick-n-mortar shop (in japan) and choose and buy DVDs for myself, as opposed to buying them online, or even converting to Blu-ray … of course by being able to go to my dream destination in Japan, would also meant I could afford to buy things by then, so … yes, I am the “weird old man” like that … as much as I appreciate folks’ obsession with “high-def” crispiness, I really do not need the 4K clarity that people get caught up with, to enjoy a good film, thanks :)

Wow. I really sounded like THAT old man, didn’t I?

HAH.

Cheers
Andy



Comments