Living Life

Just saw this on my Facebook-feed, and stirred a little slice of reflection me, this balmy Today morning - enough for me to put thoughts down virtually ...


Starting slightly later in worklife, my first paid job was at 23 (inclusive of 3 years studying Interior Design & freelancing similarly for the next 2 & 1/2 years during National Service), and not too long before I changed line - first starting to design for television, and subsequently for feature films, and eventually settled on local productions.

I remember very clearly pushing hard myself hard throughout my 30s, achieving whatever my career highs (and lows) before 40, and essentially burning myself out leading to my "health issue" at 41, and had not managed to get back on the track I had left behind that I had worked so hard for, instead achieving in passion(s) that were recognised as my "personal hobbies" throughout it all.

Reads like a roundabout "full-circle" on "achieving in your passions", doesn't it?

The truth (for me) is that the price does not equal the effort and aim, but for perhaps a spiritual satisfaction that fed my soul, while surviving barely on an empty stomach ... but that is my life, and everyone else’s is different, no doubt. Do I sound "salty"? Don't be an idiot, of course I do LOL

You'll be lucky if life gives you lemons, as long as they don't throw the whole fruit at your face, innit? LOL

All of this is spoken in "hindsight" now, as I have reached my 50s (growing long hair instead of buying a Lambo? Thank goodness I have no driving license MUAHAHAHAHAHA) ... but when I was living it way back when? I grabbed at whatever chances and opportunities I was given, put my head down and worked hard (*Maybe not as "smart" enough tho), and could only consider consequences of what I already knew of, or expected, but not experienced it until I did. Everybody had advice to spare and share, just maybe they didn't share it with me LOL

"Hindsight" is a bitch and a blessing at the same time, let there be no doubt about that!

I was alas not gifted with "foresight", and had most times been "reactionary" in my henglife ... and even if I had pioneered new paths, I had not been steadfast or loud enough to lay-claim on my ideas, before other folks claimed it as their own LOL ... but that's just my life that I have lived, and perhaps will continue to, making whatever changes I am able to, without needing to claimed to have done so (like writing this entry BWAHAHAHAHAHA PUI) ... like listing "resolutions" with no follow thru, which everybody else had read, maybe even clicked "LIKE", but soon forgotten, as much as you yourself already had LOL

Experience your own life the best you can, and not let someone else tell you how it should be lived... but that’s just me :)

Comments