Celebrating My 51st (Part 1)



Maybe it’s already past my Big Five-O, and the lack of allure of being in an advanced age has dulled my enthusiasm … or maybe it’s the staying-at-home isolation adding on to my own self-imposed isolation for the past decade, dampening my spirits … but celebrating birthday this year, hits different.



Normally I’d co-celebrate with my brother (our actual birthdays are literally less than a week apart), and this year is no different (although I will be “celebrating” again with a family meal on the actual day again, next Sunday nyuknyuk), but I’d felt I really wanted to have a meal closer to home - in this instance at my neighbourhood food court - where I could sate my desire for Fish Head Curry nomnomnom (they were hella stingy on the lady's finger though!...), and blew out our birthday candles at home, preferring really to spend more time together as a family, and chat and be physically together, than share too much of my time with strangers. And if that makes me sound like a "stay-at-home old-man" - So Be It LOL

I may not be relishing in the bounties of the world around me, but neither do I long for it, not anymore .. time spent doing something that (selfishly) matters to me, with people who matter to me, and me to them, takes personal priority. Then again, I certainly am not partying-it-up like I would have been at half-my-bloody-age, innit? LOL ... even during lunch, I was contemplating having a beer (!!), but soon realized I wanted to leave space for CAKE instead hahahaha



Today felt good. I am both satisfied in my belly and in my heart. And how could we deny the prezzies? It was a good Sunday :)

Back again next week with "Part 2"! HAHA

View this post on Instagram

In-hand #Litorswork (my first!). #mytoylife

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

Comments