The Power of "Thank Yous"

249002_10152861077230265_1030586691_n

I didn't notice the mention on the "thank you" page of Clogtwo's recently released Machine Mouth artbook before, and I am humbled and honored ... I did not go specifically looking for the page, at the back of the book, as I very seldom receive "thanks", so this was completely unexpected.

I've been thinking back, to the times when folks have actually thanked me, in print, and realized that they do not happen that often at all, if any. Perhaps I have not done much to warrant thusly … and as for receiving thanks in person? Well, perhaps they might have missed my earshot ... Or perhaps I might have taken them for granted, as I might have thought that of other folks - of me - as well.

Be that as it may, a simple appreciation and gratitude for someone else who had done right by you, is more powerful a subtle notion, than one may realize or give credit to. A verbal or a written "thank you" is such a positive thing, isn't it?

It might brighten up someone else's day.
It might lightup someone's world, even if only for a moment.
It might bring spirit to someone who's own has been dwindling.

Say thanks.
Be thankful.

I would like to Thank YOU for the "thank you", Eman. :)

Cheers
Andy

Comments