Underground / Overground


The notion of "underground" is such an alien notion in this tiny land of Singapore, but on essence it might well mean "the existence of, but for the welcome of mainstream". As much as I think of myself as "unique" and "special" but for escaping my cocoon of self-doubt (heh) since my foolish youth, I think I've always been "mainstream", or at the very least skirting the edges of the masses.

Ironically, it was only shortly after I had decided to go full-on into blogging, when i truly felt alone and shut out from the culture in Singapore. Amidst the sea of bloggery about the "way of life", "life in Singapore", "my life" etc, me blogging about other folks' news and toys, bordered on gossip not amounting to "serious news" (not in the local context anyways) more possibly bring me nowhere, at least no where I want to be.

Sure, I have my fair share of support, and as well fair share of opportunities, but at the end of the day, it has become a solidary affair, being shunned by fellow bloggers who perhaps live a life more robust or fruitful than I hope to have myself, with pointing fingers at my Stroke being a truly tiring situation, after a while…

But hey, tis not about "walking in each other's shoes", as everyone has their own paths to tread, and lives to lead, innit?

Be that as it may, be it a self-induced or welcomed wallowing in my self-state of being, all I can do at the moment is to push on and blog on, for folks who bother to read my blog in the first place, because that's all that matters, isn't it?

Make music for those who want to listen to it.
Write words which people who choose to want to read.

It's not about finding shoes that fit, but rather opening up your choices and possibly embrace (or not) the possibilities.

"Underground" for me, is likened to the ostrich's head, as it buried itself deep in the soil, unable to accept what exists above / overground and out in this world.

Cheers
Andy

Comments