A Friday Facebook Rant

As much as people want it to be called "red" rather than "orange" ... as much as people what it to be called a "lockdown" rather than a "circuit breaker" ... as much as they say "Stay At Home!" - it understandably might not be as effective as "Stay At Home Or Kana Fine $$$!" --> then people will cryfathercrymother and say "too restrictive" and/or "fineFineFINE again???"!

But the sad truth is there are people who still cannot think for themselves and judge what needs to be done, and instead will think about themselves and flood the supermarkets and pack the hawker centers and malls ... but who is to say they don't have a family to worry about? To have to feed, or window shop for, in the first place?


We are so preoccupied with "labels", because we can only identify with the masses out there who are using said labels, that we need a "label" to be told what we should and should not do, and be doing. Tell you "Stay At Home", and still go outside to hang with friends. Then later complain, "Should Have told me to STAY AT HOME OR ELSE in the first place maaaah! How I know?"

We are a nation of folks WHO LISTEN, and folks who like to "Push The Boundaries" - or as our local vernacular constantly mention: "OB Markers".

"Labels" so we can understand each other mah?! = I See no fault in that reasoning too :p


No wonder I read about canes being sold out during the time kids study from home, and parents need to discipline them. with corporal punishment. Then who will discipline the adults? "STAY HOME OR ELSE!"? You will listen like you expect your kids to listen so easy, meh? Hoot you with a summons, then you'll learn better, izzit? hahahaha

*PIAK*

Wallet-Pain-Pain...


Having blogged for 15 years (*Which by no means to say I am "smarter" than you hor! mai-lai hor! :p), one thing I had always experienced and struggled to work thru even from the beginning until right now, were "labels/tags".

How and what to tag my articles with, so that one click I would be able to find all related+relevant articles in a single go.

Labelling "Toys" in the beginning of my blogging days, was no longer enough eventually, and even relevant - when there are "Resin Toys", "Vinyl Toys", "Paper Toys" and even "Wooden Toys" ... and I am not even taking about "Art Toys", "Designer Toys" or even the switch from "Urban Vinyl" ... and then somewhere in the middle of it all, someone came at me (on social media) and puts me on blast: "They are NOT TOYS! They are ART!"

Is he wrong? Or have I been wrong all along? LOL

"Labels", man ... just do what is right, by you and your family and the people around you. If it's "just a piece of painted plastic" to naysayers, how much need you insist it is ART to them? To convince them otherwise?

But hey, I am still blogging 15 years in, continuing my toy-pimping and sucking it all up (I'm not "big enough", so folks don't come nag at my "toys" anymore hahahahaha) ... but then again, if its a "orange colorway", then that's what it is ... and if it's "limited to 10pcs", then that's what you'll get.

We still need to be told what we are "buying", isn't it? :)

When you say "Limited Edition of 10 pieces", we expect it to be literally "10 pieces" ... then somewhere else someone mentions "plus 5 Artist Proofs" ... or when you say "Sold Out", it actually meant "Sold Out of 10 pieces" ... BUT, that's not how all businesses work, innit? :p


Screw politics. Protect yourselves, and your loved ones, and don't fcukover the people around you while you are doing it. Neither "politics" nor "complaining" will be sufficient enough to protect you against the virus lol


Better for me to concentrate on producing and sharing articles on my blogs, than to rant and rave (as I am doing now BWAHAHAHAHA KNN) and read about these constantly on my feeds hahahaha


Best part of the "live" press con? Someone asked if "Singapore Pools" will still be opened during this period. The answer was "it is not essential services" ... LOL ... but I'm sure it is to some folks :p

Just wait for the pandemic to end ("eventually", right?), and wait for that BONUS TOTO PRIZE for you to queue up to buy ticket for, right? I'll be in the f88king queue myself, don't worry!

Stay Safe, people!
Wherever you may be, Whatever your circumstances are, Whomever you are :)


*Most of the above were posted on my Personal Facebook, on the afternoon of April 3rd, in reaction to folks' commentary and jokes online, after the ministerial and task force briefings. I had since added and edited some of the text, thanks.

Comments