Facebooking "Live"


Attempted my very first "Facebook Live" unboxing yesterday, and find myself more excited over actually doing it "finally", than how it actually looked or sounded!

I have a very valid excuse (for myself). I was a "set designer" by trade for many years, and have even "Production Designer", "Art Director" and Creative Director" in my CV, so naturally, whatever OI intend to shoot for myself, has always been a literal issue with me. WHAT the background looks like, HOW the presentation is to be, HOW bright pst the set and product be blahblahb;ah... and thru the years, Ihave been in a literal stand-still, because (1) I do not have the right equipment and technology, (2) I do not have the ideal background I want, (3) Hella dark in here tho! And how much I fix in pot, would be so visually obvious, it would be heart-breaking to upload.


But yesterday, it all sort of "snapped" (or, maybe more "clicked"), when I suddenly thought: "Fcuk It." And whipped out my iPhone6, did a 15 minute set-up, and actually rolled the camera while I adjusted the camera and set, because hey, I wouldn't know what needed to be done, if I was only "planning" for it...?

Or so I comfort myself lah. No one here to tell me "told you so", and I can only tell myself "eh, the glare damn horrid, can?". This is what someone folks might mean "own-self check own-self" .... eehhhh not really lah but you get the gist lah.


Of course I could do with a better audio recording mike (can't afford) ... of course I could do with a proper digital camera instead of a phone camera (battery charger busted) ... of course I could do with better lighting (I spend way too much in Challenger over discounted stuff that is a waste of time and resources LOL - BAH!) .... but "toys"? I have quite a few - maybe not all the "latest shiny new ones", but I've a decent hoard from the past 2 decades or so, thanks... okay fine, it would all work if I was running a "retro channel" ... but then again who know what the morrow will bring, eh?


Now I've squint my eyes at low-resolution visuals, underlit products and glared reflections, and done one and recorded two videos ... just have to sort out how to film it "landscape" instead of the "vertical" format the platform holds ...

Comments