Habitually Speaking


I am the sort of person who runs on “habits” - both good and bad ones.

Built up thru the yearsdecadesmonths, I’d need to cultivate a habit to be able to follow through, sometimes to limited success, sometimes to walled stops. I recognise my will is lacking, hence I feel I need to force myself init a state where I am “automatically” positioned to engage in action, rather than try to "will myself to action" - which past attempts have proven this to be ineffective.

One prime example is “exercise” - where I tried to cultivate a bi-daily routine of walking (not "jogging", maybe "intense walking"...?), and went pretty into it, and saw a little bit of success too, until I had a bout of flu, and then developed a reason/excuse to stop, and to notion to "not continue" took root. “Lame”? Of course!


On a more mundane side - take listening to Music CDs for example - where I had wanted to cultivate a habit of listening daily (*so that I could use that to help build a blog), but had to physically stop because a disc was caught in the external player and could not be ejected, for days actually. It’s since popped out (after persistent rebooting of my desktop, which might have contributed to my current technical issues...), but I'd lost the verve to want to continue... until today! But...


Not so ironically tho, just when I thought to start getting into it again starting today, my desktop is having problems - twice hung twice rebooted, just this morning - and fcuk knows how long this will last me... maybe it’ll be easier to not rely on technology for “habits”, and go take a walk instead (twice round my route, no less) ... of course the even bigger irony is, my sports sneakers have since somewhat busted, and I have been walking in my sandals like a ah-pek (lol) for the past few months NB hahaha

For every person that tells me “go buy new one(s) lah!” = I say to you: “Got Money sure go buy lah! Don’t say obvious shit and I won’t need to tell you go fcuk off” LOL

Ms Janet better not be unejectable today tho...!

#henglifesg #justreadnotaskingforalifelesson

Comments