February 2/2019 #henglifesg





View this post on Instagram

It’s been a looong time since I held a #EntertainmentWeekly magazine in my hand (this was at Kinokuniya Bugis), having been a fiend for it back in the mid-90s to early-2000s (I have a huge stack buried in my hoard to prove it too) - devouring it during my (near) ten years tenure in the local media industry way back when, and the dreams of achieving being on the printed page or reported about because of the good work that I’d done (none of which happened - thanks for asking) - more “acknowledgement” than “fame” I insist ... I stopped collecting them when personal finances become tight - after expenditure moved beyond being for myself (hurhur) and with (ex) partners in my life, and of my developing desire for TOYS (heh) ... priorities change with circumstance, no doubt ... but the memories remain... no I did not pick this issue up, because (1) I spent too much on clothes today, (2) I’m not that active in the industry to warrant the expenditure, and (3) I can read about it online! Things sure are different from back in the day while I’d flipped them in Borders along Orchard Road! #henglifesg

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on




Comments