#henglifesg Jan 13, 2019







View this post on Instagram

One aspect of the recent/last year’s trip to Shantou, China, was having my power bank “confiscated” at the airport returning home to Singapore. There is a rule that any power banks which does not clearly indicate their capacity, are not allowed on the plane. My power banks were kept in my luggage and were detected at the X-ray machine, and asked to be opened to inspect, with one deemed against their requirement (THAT is the one I constantly use, as it also had a digital read-out of how much is used), to which I was given the choice of passing to someone else not going on the plane, or mail to myself (which ironically is only to internal country hahaha). I chose to discard the power bank, to which the male staff member - who has been Uber courteous and patient throughout, I must say - chucked the power bank into the trash bin at his feet ... to which immediately another female employee picked it up, right in front of us, and put it into her pants pocket hahahaha I really wish she could use the power bank well, as it had served me well ... this was in fact a gift/shared with my sister too. The power bank seen in this pic, was also another gift from before, now in use hahaha although 8 so miss the digital readout of the other ... I remember nearly a decade ago, while travelling to Indonesia, and seeing most of my friends with multiple power banks (I had not used any then), and wondered “why need? So many some more?” ... gawds I am so technologically “behind”, aren’t I? LOL #henglifesg

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on















Comments