#henglifesg Jan 7, 2019









View this post on Instagram

"Angioedema" is an area of swelling of the lower layer of skin and tissue just under the skin or mucous membranes. The swelling may occur in the face, tongue, larynx, abdomen, or arms and legs. Often it is associated with hives, which are swelling within the upper skin. Angioedema is often the result of an allergic reaction. One theory is that an unknown problem with the immune system might cause it to occasionally misfire. Doctors believe it might be the later (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/angioedema/causes/). My immune system has been weak AF ever since Stroke, alas. I've had this for quite a few years, very consistently annually, each time past about a month, before the random swells subside. While this started around the time when Dad was ill and subsequently passed us, we had assumed it was because of "stress" ... and maybe it was... maybe it was the trigger... at 3pm+ today, I had thought I was extremely "exhausted", when perhaps it was my body shutting down, and where my (right) eyelid begin to swell, and subsequently swelled huge, and as well my left eyelid begun to have swellings too. It was until a point while I was in the A&E, when I had trouble opening my eyes. Nearly 5 hours later, after waiting, an injection which made me dizzy that I had to call my sister to come take me home (Nurses won't let me go otherwise lol), I reached home and had dinner at 10pm. Featured here are non-too glamorous images, taken somewhat 1/2 hour apart-is? Nope, I reckon I'll be permitting myself for this month. #henglifesg #suckstobesick

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on



View this post on Instagram

In my panicked state to get out of the house to the A&E (becoz of this: https://instagram.com/p/BsVl_IFn7hs/), I could not find my Power Bank, not my charger plug ... and while there was indeed a charging station at the A&E, it was outside of the venue, and I had been alone for the duration (until sis came to fetch me home, which by then I didn’t need the phone)... I reached the A&E with 22% and saw the power go down, but with no way to recharge. I took half-hourly snaps of myself (to record progression of swelling) and did not dare call anyone Nor check anything online ... down to the last 1% was as stressful and harrowing a situation, and I will not allow myself to reach that state again. Either I surround myself with power banks, or I need to be more independent of these tools, and from people around me... does that make sense? Hhmmm #henglifesg

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on

Comments