#henglifesg Jan 4, 2019



View this post on Instagram

Another year, another diabetic foot check... before Stroke, I’d hear older folks going on about “tok3 kah1” (Hokkien for “chop leg”) but had always dismissed it as “old folk rambling”... but since diagnosed with Diabetes (one of the reasons which led to my Stroke in 2010), the fear is very f88kin real. The tingling sensation that grows up from your toes, is one of the signs that diabetes is continuing to affect your body - and in many cases when left unchecked, will lead to deterioration of the feet/leg, and in many cases, might necessitate amputating the leh, so as not to let it spread to the rest of the body. This is just a broad stroke explanation, but the fear is real. As of now, I will have to cross my fingers until my next check a year from now. #henglifesg #suckstobesick #diabeticlife

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on







Comments